Picking a color scheme for your fabrics can be challenging especially when there are so many options out there. The shades and hues available seem never-ending, which only adds to the difficulty of picking a color and building a complimentary palette. Here are some tips on how to pick your color scheme and make your room look beautiful.
1. Use your favorite color. What better way to get a room you love than by using a color you love? Balance bold colors by adding white, off-white or lighter shades of your hue. Intensify soft hues by adding bursts of bolder colors throughout.
2. Find a rug you love and pull colors from it. A rug does more than ground a room. It can also provide you with a multitude of colors for inspiration. Drawing colors from a rug is a sure-fire way to keep the color scheme looking harmonious throughout the room.
3. Let your window treatments guide you. This is a great alternative for those who either donâ€™t have a rug or donâ€™t want to use a rug for inspiration. Distribute hues from with window treatments throughout the room with accessories and furniture.
4. Think themes. Do you love the beach or have a fondness for Italy? In many cases, decorating themes come with their own color scheme, making it much easier for you to pull a room together.
5. Allow artwork to drive your color scheme. All it takes is one piece of artwork to inspire a design. Pick out some of the colors you love and run with it. Be sure to paint the wall a lighter shade so your artwork really stands out.
6. Determine the atmosphere you want to be surround in. Think about how you want the room to feel. If you want to convey a relaxing atmosphere, lean toward cool colors like soft blues and greens. For warmth and extra coziness, use warm colors like reds and oranges.
7. Stick with the classics. You canâ€™t go wrong by sticking with classic color combinations. Blue and yellow, black and white and green and blue, are just a few of the combinations that make designing a room simple. There are other things that you can use for inspirationâ€”outfits, wallpaper and pillows to name just a fewâ€”so your options are endless. Donâ€™t be afraid to get creative when picking your color scheme. Make sure you stick with what you love so you have a room you love to be in. Cutting Corners Dallas to save on some great fabrics!