Forget the myth about neutral colors being boring. Neutrals are a lot of things, but boring is certainly not one of them. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. Neutrals are a safe zone. There is no reason why this should be looked upon as a bad thing. Contrary to popular belief, neutrals are NOT just for those people less daring when decorating. When you have a monochromatic scheme, you can go in so many directions with tone, depth, pattern, and texture. As long as you make those things important, and focus on having the right amount of each, any room (even a neutral one) can be exciting.
2. Neutrals allow for versatility. Practicality is another thing that sometimes has a bad rap. When you use neutral colors, you have the ability to match and coordinate with a wide array of colors and textures than any other shades out there. It’s this practicality that leads to flexibility when you decide to change up your space.
3. Neutrals are soothing and calming. Your home is your sanctuary. Neutrals can provide that peaceful environment we often crave after a hectic day. A soothing palette easily puts those stresses at ease, creating a home that’s a haven.
4. Neutrals help pops of color and rich textures stand out. When you have a neutral foundation, those pops of colors and fabrics, bountiful in textures, take center stage. Colorful accents become easily changeable and textures become more fun the more neutral the surrounding colors are.
5. Neutrals heighten the sophistication. Trendy colors are fun, but they lack the sophistication that neutrals do. If you want a home that’s classy, rely more on neutrals and save those trendy colors for accents.
Think Outside the Beige
Before we wrap this up, let’s address an issue many people have regarding neutrals: the beige factor. While beige does fall into the neutral category, it’s not the only neutral out there to use. Ivory, taupe, black, gray and white are other suitable options for your interior. Even colors that are prevalent in nature, such as blues and greens, can be considered neutral. With colors such as those, there’s really no reason why your home can’t look amazing.